San Diego , CA - DVEO, the new broadcast division of CMI, will proudly introduce ATSC Master II FD at NAB 2005. The ATSC Master II FD is designed to import and export transport streams via the SMPTE 310M standard. The original ATSC Master FD has been the only card of its type for the last 3 years and remains the only PCI card that brings this SMPTE 310M I/O functionality to video servers.
The ATSC Master II FD is designed to replace the venerable ATSC Master FD since it includes several important features that are necessary to fit in to modern video servers. New functions such as the mechanical bypass on power failure, secondary input, and watchdog timer now make this board ideal for critical broadcast applications based on the PC platform.
"With this second generation ATSC PCI interface that offers many redundancy features, the PC now can compete effectively with proprietary backplane-based processors to enable the wider deployment of PC based digital video processors," stated Les Zoltan, Sales Manager for DVEO. "In North America, Television head-end equipment uses the SMPTE 310M interface to carry MPEG-2 transport streams between video servers and back end equipment such as transport stream multiplexers, ad inserters, electronic program guides, and of course ATSC (COFDM) modulators," Zoltan went on to say.
Applications for ATSC Master II FD include:
- Transporting of MPEG-2 over long distances meeting FCC requirements
- Moving MPEG-2 transport stream to/from the PCI bus for processing
- Interfacing MPEG-2 to PCI bus encoder/decoder boards
- Interfacing to general studio equipment
- Interfacing to video servers
When used with a PC, ATSC Master II FD will capture MPEG-2 transport streams for future playback or offline analysis using a bit-stream analyzer. ATSC Master II FD outputs transport packets for use in an ATSC broadcast chain or multiplexer.
- Windows API and Linux SDK
- 33/66 MHz 32 bit universal PCI interface
- Two SMPTE 310M inputs, primary BNC and optional secondary via header
- Two buffered SMPTE 310M outputs
- Software control of primary or secondary input source selection
- Mechanical relay bypass on power failure
- Software controlled firmware loop-back bypasses the primary input to both outputs
- "Snoop" function for reading input data while in firmware by-pass
- Watchdog timer
- Control Interface port
- 6 general purpose optically isolated inputs
- Status output for firmware loop-back
- Rx and Tx status indicator outputs
- External override input for the bypass relay
- Software readable, unique serial number on each board
- Field upgradeable firmware
- Software selectable transmit clock source
- External clock input, 38 MHz PECL signal
- Conforms to SMPTE 310M specifications
ATSC Master II FD Standard board
-R Add the Mechanical by-pass relay
-S Add the Secondary Input
Windows Synchronous API
Linux Master Driver SDK
Suggested Retail Price: ATSC Master II FD: $1,995.00 US
About CMI and DVEO
CMI is a privately held company founded in 1982 by Laszlo
(Les) Zoltan and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
DVEO, the recently formed Professional Broadcast Division
of Computer Modules Inc., sells DVB ASI, SMPTE 310M, SMPTE259M,
SMPTE292M, and HDTV products to the top television broadcast
companies throughout the world.
Note to Editor:Note to Editor: For more information
on CMI and DVEO,
please contact Rebecca Gray at (858) 613-1818.
To download DVEO's press releases and product images visit
the news section at www.dveo.com
11409 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, California 92127
phone: (858) 613-1818
fax: (858) 613-1815