San Diego , CA - DVEO, the broadcast division of CMI, will unveil the DVB Master II FD™ at NAB 2005. The DVB Master II FD is totally updated with many new features designed to enhance its role in high performance video processors and servers.
The new features are offered to enhance reliability of the Television Signal integrity in case of power failure or loss of signal. Via a mechanical relay that can bypass the circuitry on power failure, and via its secondary input and capable watchdog timer, this card can make decisions about the quality of signal it is receiving and avoid harming the input signal. This makes it ideal for demanding broadcast applications where signal integrity is paramount.
“Over the last 3 years, DVB Master FD has become the ‘workhorse' of the industry. DVB Master II FD now has many new features for OEMs to build mission critical video servers using our inexpensive technology,” stated Les Zoltan, Sales Manager for DEVO. “With the incorporation of state of the art redundancy features, the DVB Master II FD can be used for on-air applications that used to require much more expensive solutions,” Zoltan went on to say.
The advanced features of the DVB Master II FD provide other hooks to allow easier real-time processing of the transport stream by the host computer. The input section has features including unlimited PID filtering, synchronization of incoming Transport Stream (TS) packets, auto size detection and TS code stripping. The transmitter section features include extra fine stuffing control (Fine Tuning), the ability to add 16 - 0x00s to 188 byte packets and an external clock input. The external clock input is important for applications that need to control the transmission to ATSC standards or to synchronize to a station clock. An extra cost clock option is available for this card. The transmitter function has an option for a high stability oscillator with less than 2.5ppm drift, meeting ATSC specifications. This is useful for applications such as bridging between ATSC and DVB transmission standards.
Integration of both transmitter and receiver on the same card gives a one-slot solution for most DVB processing applications. An input MPEG-2 TS can be received, processed and re-transmitted in real time by the host system making it ideal for many broadcast, data casting and monitoring applications.
- Backward compatible with the DVB Master FD
- Drivers for Windows and Linux
- 33/66 MHz 32 bit Universal PCI interface
- Two DVB ASI Inputs; Primary BNC and optional secondary input via header
- Primary or secondary input selection is software controlled
- Two buffered ASI outputs
- External clock input via NTSC or PAL black burst signal
- Optional mechanical relay by-passes primary input to primary output on power failure
- Firmware loop-back by-passes the primary input to both outputs
- “Snoop” function allows access to input data while in firmware by-pass
- Control Interface port
- 6 General purpose optically isolated inputs
- External override input for the mechanical by-pass relay
- Status output for firmware loop back
- Rx and Tx status indicator outputs
- Watchdog timer based on a 40 MHz 32-bit counter
- Software readable, unique serial number on each board
- Firmware is field upgradeable
- Software selectable transmit clock source
- Conforms to DVB-ASI specifications
DVB Master II FD Standard board
-R Add the Mechanical by-pass relay
-S Add the Secondary Input
-H Add the High Stability Oscillator
Windows Synchronous API
Linux Master Driver SDK
Suggested Retail Price: DVB Master II FD: $1,495.00 US
About CMI and DVEO
CMI is a privately held company founded in 1982 by Laszlo
(Les) Zoltan and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
DVEO, the recently formed Professional Broadcast Division
of Computer Modules Inc., sells DVB ASI, SMPTE 310M, SMPTE259M,
SMPTE292M, and HDTV products to the top television broadcast
companies throughout the world.
Note to Editor:Note to Editor: For more information
on CMI and DVEO,
please contact Rebecca Gray at (858) 613-1818.
To download DVEO’s press releases and product images visit
the news section at www.dveo.com
11409 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, California 92127
phone: (858) 613-1818
fax: (858) 613-1815