- 270 Mbits/sec DVB ASI transmitter and receiver on one card
- Half size PCI card form factor
- Drivers for Windows® 7 – 32 and 64 bit, Server 2003, Server 2008, Windows® 2000, Windows® XP, and Linux®
- Windows® XP/Server 2003/Server 2008/Linux® API
- DirectShow® filter
- Large 1.5K buffer FIFOs eliminate latency problems
- Programmable Inter-byte and Inter-packet stuffing as per DVB specification
- Cable Equalization on the receiver input
- LED status indicators show Tx data, Rx data, Synch, Carrier Detect
- Advanced link-list DMA interface
- PCI 2.2 compliant interface bus Advanced Receiver TS processing capabilities;
- Synchronizes incoming packets to byte boundaries
- Automatic 188 and 204 packet size detection
- Interrupt on in/out of synch
- Software selectable option to Strip 16 bytes from 204 byte packets
- Unlimited PID filtering (any number of PIDs may be selected)
- Advanced Transmit capabilities
- Enhanced transmit rate "Fine Tuning" control to <2.8ppm granularity
- Optional High Stability Oscillator with <2.8ppm (special order option)
- Software selectable option to add 16 - 0x00 bytes to 188 byte packets
- External transmit clock input
- No on board power regulators
|Receive Packet Synchronization
The DVB Master FD receiver will check the incoming transport stream for packet synch, and synchronize on it. Once synchronized, the packets will be stored on byte boundaries in memory. This makes further processing of the transport stream much easier for the host processor. When the board is synchronized on a valid stream the green "Rx Data" and "Synch" LEDs will be illuminated.
|Packet Arrival Timestamping
Under software control each packet arrived is timestamped
with a time generated via an internal timer/counter.
Under software control but performed by hardware "null
packets" are automatically inserted into the bit stream
|Automatic Packet Size Detection
The DVB Master FD will automatically detect packet size and
will indicate the current size in a status register. If packet
size changes suddenly, it will loose synchronization, then
resynchronize on the new packet size and indicate the new
packet size in the status register. An interrupt will be generated
on loss of synch and re-synch.
Indicator LEDs are provided on the bracket to show card
operation. Tx - indicates that data is being transmitted,
Rx - indicates that data is being received, Synch ( S) - indicates
that the receiver is able to synchronize on the transport
stream packets, and Carrier Detect (CD) - indicates that a
signal is present.
|In/Out of Synch Interrupt
An interrupt will be generated whenever synchronization is
lost or recovered. Interrupts are generated when there are
changes in the stream and indicate that the status of the
stream should be checked.
The 16 byte Stripping function will remove the extra 16
Reed Solomon encoded bytes from the 204 byte packets to create
188-byte packets. Similarly, it can be used to add 16 bytes
filled with zeros to 188-byte packets to create a 204-byte
This function allows you to select any number of PIDs from
the total of about 8K possible PIDs to be filtered from the
stream. The DVB Master FD receiver will block all PIDs that
are not selected. This is an extra cost option and must be
|Transmitter Fine Tuning (FT)
The normal inter-byte (IB) and inter-packet (IP) stuffing
options available with the DVB ASI standard cannot be used
for fine rate control. In some applications, such as reading
files from a disk, it may be desirable to use stuffing to
control the transmission rate of the stream in order to match
the rate required by the Program Clock Reference (PCR) of
a Transport Stream. Because of this, we have developed FT
feature. FT is accomplished by first setting the standard
IP and IB to select a rate as close to the desired rate as
possible. Then the FT parameter can be set to bring the rate
within 2.5ppm of the target.
|High Stability Oscillator
The DVB Master FD is normally shipped with a crystal-controlled
oscillator with a clock accuracy of ± 50 ppm. This complies
with the DVB ASI standard requirements but will not be accurate
or stable for ATSC standards. ATSC standards require a clock
accuracy of ± 2.8 ppm with a drift not exceeding 0.028 ppm/s.
The High Stability Oscillator is an extra cost option and
must be ordered separately.
An input BNC connector is provided for an external transmit
clock. This clock is one of three optional transmit clock
sources. The transmit clock options include the External Clock,
Recovered Clock, and Internal Clock.
|Conformity to DVB Standards
The DVB Master FD meets CENELEC EN50083-9: 1998 - Cable
distribution systems for television, sound and interactive
services - Part 9: Interfaced for CATV/SMATV headends and
similar professional equipment for DVB/MPEG-2 transport streams.
CE Marking in accordance with EN50081-2: 1993 and EN50082-1:1997.
FCC Part 15, Subpart B, Class A verification TOP Full Duplex
Option: Customizability: We can add custom features for your
Option: Relay and Watchdog Functionality – A depopulated relay can be used to manage loss of power and still keep data paths functional.