Two Input DVB-ASI Transport
Stream Failover Switch with Automatic Switching to the Secondary
TS Input if Problems are Detected with Primary Input. Features “Smart”
TS Quality Analyzer, User Programmable Switching, Web-based Management,
and Real Time Error and Status Reporting. Created for satellite,
cable, and other content where N+1 redundancy in signal paths is
crucial. Based on Dell 1950 III server with redundant power supply
and optional RAID drives.
Real Time Transport Stream Demultiplexer (Tuner) for Real Time Forwarding of Selected Programs (PIDs) from Complex Multiprogram MPEG-2 or H.264 Transport Streams. Ideal for Pulling Out Only Selected Programs from Complex Satellite Feeds.
Variable Length Real Time MPEG-2
Transport Stream Delay System with Very Fast Switchover to Stored
Content when commanded by local or remote human. Ideal device to
help ensure that "profanity" or indecency does not air
over your content distribution system.
In Alpha Form: combination of DVB Guardian
and TS Time Delay units.
- Switching occurs on either poor transport stream or missing
- Automatic switch to secondary input
- Intelligent Real Time Transport Stream Monitoring
- Web interface for remote configuration management
- Access Control to restrict unauthorized users
- Mechanical Bypass Relay connects primary input to output in
the event of power failure
Configurable delay to switch from primary to secondary input
Carrier Detect, Synchronization, and Bitrate status on active
Configurable automatic switch back to primary
Preview of incoming stream, locally or over the network
Configurable option to playout a file from a backup source
Configurable watchdog timer
1 RU rackmount Dell 1950 III server with optional RAID configuration
Logging history indicates switch state with date and time stamp
Green and Red Status indicators to indicate active and inactive
RoHS compliant server with redundant power supply
1. What conditions will trigger the failover?
DVB Guardian will monitor carrier detect and the presence of
sync bytes in the stream.
2. Are the conditions user-programmable?
The user can program the length of time that both carrier detect
and presence of sync combined is monitored before a failover.
This is programmable from 0 to 20 seconds.
- Transport stream failover protection in cable head ends
- Transport stream protection in Teleports
- Transport stream protection for On Air video servers
- Two DVB-ASI inputs
- DVB-ASI output
- Configurable output rate, including exact ATSC 19.4 Mbps
- MPTS in and MPTS or SPTS out
- Tested with MPEG-2 or H.264 type streams
- SD and HD content
- Remote web-based management
- Linux® Based
- Setup and Forget Technology
- Build with Dell or Supermicro workstations
- Separating multiplexed transport streams
- “Cherry picking” channel line ups for satellite, cable, and telco TV system operators
- “Content grooming” – Convert SD or HD content into a 19.378 Mbps ATSC compliant stream