Embedded Linux® Based, Telco Tested, 1 RU, Stand Alone Multiple IP to IP Time Delay System for Multiple Video Streams in Both Standard and High Definition MPEG-2 or H.264 Streams. Standard Unit Ships with a .25 Tera Byte Intel® High End SSD. Can Time Delay Up to 40+ Separate TS or HLS IP Streams for 8 Hours. Larger SSD's Available. Managed by Remote GUI with Easy To Use Graphical Interface with Pull Downs and Recallable Config Files. Throughput: 300–400 Mbps -- Depends on Gig/E Throughput of NIC on Motherboard.
In lieu of bulky RAID systems we write to FAST AND RELIABLE Intel SSD Drives…
1. IP throughput of delay servers is about 300–400 Mbps. This is governed by the throughput of the onboard NIC card. i.e… This means we can delay about 30 10 Mbps streams or 60 5 Mbps streams. Mbps=Megabits per second.
NB. We can add 2nd NIC card to increase throughput to 700 Mbps via Gig/E.
2. Storage Time is determined by aggregate storage we provide you. If we ship with 500 GIG (bytes) SSD then you can store 10 each 50 MB (bytes) streams or 100 5 MB streams… on each drive… Keep in mind however that we are limited by I/O which limits us to bringing in 60 5 Mbps streams.
Conclusion: We need to keep both parameters in mind.
- Input: One GigE IP input (H.264, MPEG-2, or VC-1) – UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP, HTTP Live, RTMP (pushed from Flash server)
- Outputs: Multiple delayed simultaneous IP streams (MPEG-2 or H.264) – HTTP Live (HLS), HTTP, UDP, RTP, multicast and unicast with transport stream envelope, HTTP Smooth, or RTMP (Open Flash)
- Input or output format can be MPEG-2 or H.264
- Capable of pulling the source streams over IP (UDP, RTP, RTSP, RTMP, adaptive, or HTTP)
- Supports M3u8 playlist files (standalone and through HTTP Live)
- Supports up to 1.5 TB of storage for time delay – over 30 days of programming, depending on stream resolutions
- Can store and forward (perform time delay) on 40 independent IP streams at the same time
- Supports multiple outputs at different time delays per single input
- Accurate to the second on multi-hour delays
- Simultaneously reads and writes with “on the fly” adjustment of delay time
- Resolutions: SQVGA, QCIF, QVGA, CIF, or any custom size up to 1080p
- Supports SD or HD input
- Up to 1080p HD output
- SNMP support
- Tested compatible with major brands of IP devices including Amino™, Roku®, Dune HD™, Telergy, Android™, and Apple iPad® and iPhone®
- Audio support: AAC, Embedded pass-through, Ogg Vorbis, MPEG-1 Layer II, optional MP3, and/or optional “SurCode for Dolby Digital” AC-3
- Settings are remembered when power cycled
- Based on embedded Linux®
- SNMP, REST, SOAP support for remote management and monitoring
- Relies on Intel® Xeon® Multicore 4 Core processor
- Time calibration via NTP
- 2 types of delay: IP delay via hard drive in 1 second steps with 10 second minimum, or IP Delay via output buffering in 1 ms steps up to 10 seconds
- Accurate Transport Stream time delay for webcasting across multiple time zones
- Over 30 days of Back Up and playback of all channels for Network Operations (N.B. at low rates and disk dependent)
- IP lip sync delay
- IP stream synchronization for failover switching
Input Stream Setup (Click to enlarge)
We Rely on NETWORK TIME PROTOCOL (NTP) --IMPORTANT!!!
Some People who don't trust the Internet use their own NTP servers. Here is a link to some companies who sell NTP servers.