Embedded Linux® Based, Telco Tested, 1 RU, Stand Alone Multiple IP to IP Time Delay System for Multiple Video Streams in Both Standard and High Definition MPEG-2 or H.264 Streams. Standard Unit Ships with a .25 Tera Byte Intel® High End SSD. Can Time Delay Up to 40+ Separate TS or HLS IP Streams for 8 Hours. Larger SSD's Available. Managed by Remote GUI with Easy To Use Graphical Interface with Pull Downs and Recallable Config Files. Throughput: 300-400 Mbps -- Depends on Gig/E Throughput of NIC on Motherboard.
In lieu of bulky RAID systems we write to FAST AND RELIABLE Intel SSD Drives...
1. IP throughput of delay servers is about 300-400 Mbps. This is governed by the throughput of the onboard NIC card. i.e... This means we can delay about 30 10 Mbps streams or 60 5 Mbps streams. Mbps=Megabits per second.
NB. We can add 2nd NIC card to increase throughput to 700 Mbps via Gig/E.
2. Storage Time is determined by aggregate storage we provide you. If we ship with 500 GIG (bytes) SSD then you can store 10 each 50 MB (bytes) streams or 100 5 MB streams... on each drive... Keep in mind however that we are limited by I/O which limits us to bringing in 60 5 Mbps streams.
Conclusion: We need to keep both parameters in mind.
- Input: One GigE IP input (H.264, MPEG-2, or VC-1) – UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP, HTTP Live, RTMP (pushed from Flash server), WMV9 with HTTP/ASF
- Outputs: Multiple delayed simultaneous IP streams (MPEG-2 or H.264) – HTTP Live (HLS), HTTP, UDP, RTP, multicast and unicast with transport stream envelope, HTTP Smooth, or RTMP (Open Flash)
- Input or output format can be MPEG-2 or H.264
- Capable of pulling the source streams over IP (UDP, RTP, RTSP, RTMP, adaptive, or HTTP)
- Supports M3u8 playlist files (standalone and through HTTP Live)
- Supports up to 1.5 TB of storage for time delay – over 30 days of programming, depending on stream resolutions
- Can store and forward (perform time delay) on 40 independent IP streams at the same time
- Supports multiple outputs at different time delays per single input
- Accurate to the second on multi-hour delays
- Simultaneously reads and writes with “on the fly” adjustment of delay time
- Resolutions: SQVGA, QCIF, QVGA, CIF, or any custom size up to 1080p
- Supports SD or HD input
- Up to 1080p HD output
- SNMP support
- Tested compatible with major brands of IP devices including Amino™, Roku®, Dune HD™, Telergy, Android™, and Apple iPad® and iPhone®
- Audio support: AAC, Embedded pass-through, Ogg Vorbis, MPEG-1 Layer II, optional MP3, and/or optional “SurCode for Dolby Digital” AC-3
- Settings are remembered when power cycled
- Based on embedded Linux®
- SNMP or REST or SOAP remote management
- Low power consumption due to Ivy Bridge Intel® CPU
- Time calibration via NTP
- 2 types of delay: IP delay via hard drive in 1 second steps with 10 second minimum, or IP Delay via output buffering in 1 ms steps up to 10 seconds
- Accurate Transport Stream time delay for webcasting across multiple time zones
- Over 30 days of Back Up and playback of all channels for Network Operations (N.B. at low rates and disk dependent)
- IP lip sync delay
- IP stream synchronization for failover switching
Input Stream Setup (Click to enlarge)
We Rely on NETWORK TIME PROTOCOL (NTP) --IMPORTANT!!!
Some People who don't trust the Internet use their own NTP servers. Here is a link to some companies who sell NTP servers.